Thursday, September 20

oh, you know.


I'm in the mood to write again. So, I am going to do just that.
Here it goes.
Why can't I bake? I have tried, and tried, and tried, and tried some more but nothing. I have not been blessed with the talent of baking. For example, the other day I asked one of my friends for her amazing chocolate chip cookies recipe, I was so excited. So I followed the recipe, to the tee, placed the beautiful cookie sheet into the beautiful oven of mine (not really, just an old and tiny one) and joyfully skipped on over and set the timer to the appropriate amount of time. Perfect, nothing could go wrong. All I had to do was wait and in a few minutes I would be holding beautiful warm and gooey chocolate chip cookies in my hand and life would be just wonderful. Except, that was not how it went down. I ended up with burnt egg shaped cracker-like cookies. Nothing gooey about my little rocks of chocolate. So I then proceeded to eat the entire bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough, over the course of a few days of course (2 days, boo). So, I have now officially given up on BAKING. I'm doing us all a favor. I hope to be successful in my culinary "career" though. Fingers crossed, errrrbody.

Moving on.

I also wanted to write about feeling "free". Loving your life and just enjoying the ride, yep. I sometimes find myself being really uptight about some things and I often have to STOP and say "Gurrrrl, umm, chill!".
I sometimes like for things to be perfect and for things to go smoothly, but the thing is..life is not like that. Oh, no baby girl. Life is spontaneous and sometimes throws out a few sucker punches. Yes, that is the beauty of it though, life is unpredictable and I'm staring to embrace that fact. I'm actually quite grateful for it. Life is so wonderful and crazy. And that's OK.


That is all for now, folks. 
Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment